January 17, 2018, 01:50:15 AM

Author Topic: :. Three ( 3 ) Positions Open .:  (Read 4087 times)

Qristal

• ReVo SoVereign
  • SoVereign
  • | . I AM . |
    • View Profile
    • Qristal's Gallery
  • Rated:
:. Three ( 3 ) Positions Open .:
« on: December 13, 2015, 03:25:47 AM »
Hello, ReVo,

Staff shuffling including promotions and some real time goblins grabbing some people have opened up some slots for staffing and we're turning you loose on them. I am quoting some of our internal expectations for these positions because we find communicating freely and clearly about what is involved leads to superior results. Please read through what the CURRENT expectations for these roles are, or were, and if you feel any of these are a fit for you we would love to see your application. Please also familiarize yourself with everything written on that application thread.

APPLICATION and STAFFING

P O S I T I O N for Event SeNator:
Some of the duties are negotiable, for instance if you do not do graphics but as with all SeNators, there are multiple tasks asked of you. From our latest internal definition of this position:
Quote (selected)
Events, New Room Entry Page Completion Check, Magazine Writer, New Room Application Questions, Gift Basket Graphics
Templates and procedures for events are already established though reorganization is expected when this role is filled. Expectations for contributing to the magazine and your involvement in welcoming new applications with a question all the way through to helping them get settled in on ReVo with Gift Basket projects if you do graphics are in place. Added to your responsibilities is the New Room Entry Page Completion Check. I would like you to check in with room leaders that do not have an entry page up within 5 days of room approval. IF you are aware (through the Gift Basket board) that someone has been contacted to make one, check in with that staff member on progress BEFORE contacting the room leader.
Position works Hand-in-Hand with: SeCretary Hippolyta for New Rooms, Site Creativity and Events

P O S I T I O N for Periodical SeNator:
Some of the duties are negotiable, for instance if you do not do graphics but as with all SeNators, there are multiple tasks asked of you. NOTE that this position is currently filled by Mickie who will be stepping away for a bit after our next edition is released. If you're not familiar with what she's done thus far, check them out here: http://roleplayevolution.com/evo/magazine/ Our goal is to change this up to WordPress and we are looking for someone with great organizational skills and WordPress knowledge. Mickie will be around to assist setting up the new format, if it is needed.
From our latest internal definition of this position:
Quote (selected)
Magazine, New Room Application Questions, Gift Basket Graphics
Magazine editions have come out great but I feel we can be doing better in communicating where we stand on everything and in knowing how close we are to deadlines. The progress thread needs to be BUMPED to gain attention. Altering the thread when you have received or finished things does not put it on any listing as new unless one goes directly to that childboard. The goal is still for me to be able to see at a glance, where we stand with each issue. Which articles have come in, which have gone to copy editing, which have been added to the layout. I would like more communication between you and writers especially, to be on that childboard, with the exception of those not on staff though there should still be a post by you that you have contacted them, instead of through skype or PMs, about where writers stand with their submissions. This Magazine childboard should not be quiet. There should be constant communication and notes about each edition and then the upcoming one. Expectations for welcoming new applications all the way through to helping them get settled in on ReVo with Gift Basket offerings remains on your agenda of responsibilities.
Position works Hand-in-Hand with: SeCretary Hippolyta for New Rooms, Site Creativity and Events

P O S I T I O N for Magazine/Blog Writer RePresentative:
RePresentatives have a singular focus so to fill this position we are looking for someone willing to write on the numerous events and people on ReVo on a consistent basis. From our latest internal definition of this position:
Quote (selected)
Coming on as a writer for the magazine as a part of ReVo staff means this is your focus. Numerous staff members, including myself, also write for every issue. The expectation, then, for this being your named staff position is that you will be very involved and submit numerous articles and ideas each edition, over and above the expectations on everyone else that submits work to the magazine.
Position works Hand-in-Hand with: SeNator Mickie under ReVo Magazine (this will change to the new Periodical SeNator)

With the holidays coming upon us in full force, we'll be lax on moving on this (least I'm admitting it!) so we'll take applications for all positions through Christmas, and look to hire by the New Year!

Thank you, everyone!
We were born to rise

We were born to rise

Qristal

• ReVo SoVereign
  • SoVereign
  • | . I AM . |
    • View Profile
    • Qristal's Gallery
  • Rated:
Re: :. Three ( 3 ) Positions Open .:
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2015, 06:26:38 PM »
One more week for applications!
We were born to rise

We were born to rise

Qristal

• ReVo SoVereign
  • SoVereign
  • | . I AM . |
    • View Profile
    • Qristal's Gallery
  • Rated:
Re: :. Three ( 3 ) Positions Open .:
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2015, 12:54:04 AM »
Applications for these are closed! We will be reviewing this week and then you'll all hear from me. Thank you to everyone that took the time to apply!
We were born to rise

We were born to rise